World Repository

Lamp

Community Admin
I'm assuming Terrium is going to have a world repository but I should probably post my idea:

First, I think the Terrium world list should be a list, like in Syn3h, not the pages with screenshots like in the classic Terrium. One fun thing about having a list is that each world is a surprise, so you have to play it to actually find out what it is. You can also fit many options on a screen to excite the player with all the worlds he can explore. The world list should be similar to the one in Syn3h; hovering over an option will give a description of the world and some other information.

Terrium should have a world repository. Terrium will store all worlds in its own database, and anyone can add worlds to it. One problem with the lists of Mars Explorer and Syn3h is that they rely on external services such as Dropbox, which tends to be problematic. Terrium should have all worlds in its own reliable database.

The repository should display like this in the host game screen:
On top, there would be 'official' worlds, worlds like the ones you'd have in the Syn3h or Mars Explorer list. There should be a large number of 'official' worlds, and a limited number of 'official' worlds should be displayed in the box in a given time... perhaps it would be different each time the player goes to host a game, or perhaps it should stay the same for all players for a day, week, or month. Whatever the option, the point of this is to create as much variety as possible. With Mars Explorer/Syn3h, there are so many worlds out there, yet only a few of them are listed, so whenever you play, you always find the exact same worlds, and rarely a treasured custom world. It should be a goal of Terrium to create as much variety as possible, so each time you play, you find different maps.

Somewhere else, on another page presumably, there would be the place to see all of the worlds including the player-made worlds. This screen would have its fancy browser thing like CC does, with new worlds, popular worlds, bla bla bla, you know what. But most importantly, there would be a search bar so you can search through worlds.

These are just ideas, but these are the two things that I really want:
  1. Terrium should have a world repository
  2. Terrium should try to create as much variety of worlds as possible; we should find new worlds every time we visit the 'room' list.

Lamp

Community Admin
Lamp I can tell you never saw my games on mars because I always used custom whilds
Custom worlds were often found in the list, but there was always only one or two custom worlds. The huge majority of games just had a list world.
We should have it so that every game has like a custom world. :D

Custom worlds were often found in the list, but there was always only one or two custom worlds. The huge majority of games just had a list world.
We should have it so that every game has like a custom world. :D
very true I think it was because a lot of people didn't go to the website and look some up because it was very time consuming.

A new world every time someone visits would be really tough I think.
To make a good world takes at least a week, and that's not including anything fancy like cool effects. And it would be hard for Eric to upload one every day.
But maybe like once a month, would be good.

Lamp

Community Admin
A new world every time someone visits would be really tough I think.
To make a good world takes at least a week, and that's not including anything fancy like cool effects. And it would be hard for Eric to upload one every day.
But maybe like once a month, would be good.
No you don't add new worlds each time, you just shuffle through them... so lets say there are 1000 official worlds, the box will show 100 of those worlds at a time. So each time someone hosts, they see a different mix of 100 of those 1000 worlds. But if they want a certain world, they can search for it and get it.

I just got another idea... We should have a list of favorite worlds, so if you like some worlds that you want to play a lot, you favorite/star them and they will be in the favorited/starred list.

No you don't add new worlds each time, you just shuffle through them... so lets say there are 1000 official worlds, the box will show 100 of those worlds at a time. So each time someone hosts, they see a different mix of 100 of those 1000 worlds. But if they want a certain world, they can search for it and get it.

I just got another idea... We should have a list of favorite worlds, so if you like some worlds that you want to play a lot, you favorite/star them and they will be in the favorited/starred list.
or there could be a section where your favorites would show up

Lamp

Community Admin
So if you want to use a world you know, like GTR's Ice World, you search GTR's Ice World and when you find it, you can favorite/star it.