Secret rooms in TaigaChat

Lamp

Community Admin
I discovered that you can change your room in the Shoutbox. There is a global variable of “taigachat.room”; by default it is set to 1. You can change it to 2 by typing “taigachat.room = 2” into console. You will then be in room 2. Everything you send will only be seen by others in room 2, and vice-versa, and people in the default room won't see it. Note, when you change your room, it doesn't load the previous messages, so if you go back to room 1, you won't see anything until you or others post messages. (the variable needs to be set to the room of choice at the moment the script loads, for the previous messages to be loaded)
Other rooms are not recorded into the Shoutbox Archive.

You can make bookmarklets to easily switch between rooms; just make bookmarks of the following:
javascript:taigachat.room=1;void(0);
javascript:taigachat.room=2;void(0);

Last edited:

Lamp

Community Admin
There are 4,294,967,296 rooms to choose from.

I found a better way to switch rooms, but it requires you modifying the original script, which means you need to get both an adblocker and userscript manager, and block the original script and run your own. I am working on making a script for distribution, that doesn't require modification of the original script, thus not requiring an adblocker.

Lamp

Community Admin
this post is outdated... but where is the TaigaChat on the forums..? Is it.... gone...?
replaced with Discord
and yes it is outdated :p things have gotten more advanced since this, and room control has been built in--until Discord defeated it, however it still is available if you want to play with it. It might come back if/when we have a new use for it but for now nobody needs it.

Last edited: