Premier Featured World Ideas

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
Greetings!

Before hiring someone to design the premier featured world for Terrium, I need a pretty solid idea of what I want. The only requirement I have is that this be a fairly large world that complements all four vehicles. So please share your ideas! Also, if you have any inspiration imagery that resembles your idea, please include it! Below are some of my general ideas:

• A tunnel/cave system.
  • Floating terra forms (like in the wallpaper)
  • Some body of water or lava

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Lamp

Community Admin
  • moving things, animations, special effects (like dream world)
  • maybe a volcano that shoots you in the sky, for the nostalgia
  • easter eggs
  • lots of floating material
  • some blockyness (like a block world)

Spearmint

Keeper of the pathetic arguments
If we're talking about an individual map, I think the premier world should be reminiscent of Freestyle.
  • Large, wall-like land formations to glide off of.
  • A spaceship of some kind; preferably small and grounded: just for decoration.
  • The map boundaries are bodies of water, connected to each other with a river running through the island.
  • A volcano like Lamp said, that can be accessed underwater.
  • Easter eggs would be awesome, maybe a few secret rooms full of mementos.
  • Plenty of takeoff points in general; dogfights suck on a flat map.
If I can somehow manage to get my scanner up and running I'll show you guys some concept art.
P.S. If you still have access to the old sky boxes, I want to see a comeback.

Spearmint

Well, of course you could go in an out of it, but, it doesn't really serve a purpose other than being another map feature.
Although, I have an idea that could fulfill your request of 'blockyness.' How about a clearing made up of hexagonal patterns that are individually at different heights; forming strange, prismatic pillars.

Well, of course you could go in an out of it, but, it doesn't really serve a purpose other than being another map feature.
Although, I have an idea that could fulfill your request of 'blockyness.' How about a clearing made up of hexagonal patterns that are individually at different heights; forming strange, prismatic pillars.
That would be very cool. would it look something like this?

Lamp

Community Admin
Uhh, no, that wasn't my idea of blockyness; I meant some structures reminiscent of the block worlds in Mars Explorer/Syn3h.

Last edited:
A large mountainous region near the middle of the map surrounded by large wooded areas and marshlands. In the mountains would be a cave system/mineshaft. Around this would be open grass plains with a vast explorable body of water. Reaching the edge of the map, there would be an ocean with large tidal waves splashing against a rocky shore. The ocean would extended beyond the land and would also be explorable, with posibly Easter-eggs. In favor of Spearmint's idea, I would like a long, wide river begining in the mountains and ending in a delta into the ocean. Posibly an outpost with some sort of spacecraft or aircraft you would be able to pilot. I think a volcano would be neat also.

Hope you're interested.

Spearmint

Spearmint

Uhh, no, that wasn't my idea of blockyness; I meant some structures reminiscent of the block worlds in Mars Explorer/Syn3h.
Block world was cool and all, but it was just unplayable for quarry.

• Two large fortresses on each side of the map, that can be explored with a flag in each fortress.
  • A large and complex racetrack.
  • A wide runway.
The two fortresses will be essential assets for potential future game modes such as "capture the flag" and "team deathmatch".
A racetrack will be another essential asset for a future game mode such as "race", and can have a certain structure to support future vehicles.
A wide runway would support future aircraft.

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
  • Two large fortresses on each side of the map, that can be explored with a flag in each fortress.
  • A large and complex racetrack.
  • A wide runway.
The two fortresses will be essential assets for potential future game modes such as "capture the flag" and "team deathmatch".
A racetrack will be another essential asset for a future game mode such as "race", and can have a certain structure to support future vehicles.
A wide runway would support future aircraft.
Fantastic point, Fios!

Everyone, I'm signing the level designer's contract this weekend. If you have any other ideas, don't hesitate to share them!

Spearmint

If this map is as big as I imagine it will be, It would be interesting to see a canyon with a bridge spanning it. The bottom of this ravine could incorporate some subterranean travel. Also, if the all of this thread's suggestions make it, then it could make the map feel really gimmicky, so it would be better to take especial care into making this world believable. 'Suspension of belief' they call it in theater: If you can believe that this is an alien world, then the wonder of exploration remains.

Last edited:

Spearmint

Basically put everything in it.
I'm saying that the overall craft and quality of the world should be a higher priority, than trying to jam everything into one world. I mean, there will always be room for more maps in the future.

Eric would it be possible to sign the guy onto two worlds? One a little more natural with a canyon and a tunnel system and some water at the bottom of it, and another world like the one fios described, A little more man/alien made

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
Eric would it be possible to sign the guy onto two worlds? One a little more natural with a canyon and a tunnel system and some water at the bottom of it, and another world like the one fios described, A little more man/alien made
Unfortunately, no. It would be too expensive, so I'm going to wait until after a successful Kickstarter to hire him for more worlds.

Spearmint

Eric, will you give us incremental updates on the world as it is being constructed, or will you keep it a surprise for the release?