Mars Explorer 3.0 Themed Update: Apocalypse (Cont.)

Electro-Ello', everyone! I, Emperor Ectoshock, have returned to the Martian Exploration universe once again.

I couldn't help but notice a thread Lamp posted not too long ago about his Mars Apocalypse client, which I've downloaded and played a few times.

To update some of you on what I've experienced thus far with said client (for windows):

- It was a nostalgic blast
- I miss the people I used to play it with
- I'm all by myself... rip.

(Now for more important notes)

- I've had a number of custom world URLs stacked away in my PMs from long ago. It turns out that the ones that involve the dl.dropbox domain do not work. HOWEVER, the ones that contain the geiodo domain (such as Tunnel Runn for example, which is one of my favorite worlds ever), do. And I have a number of Geiodo URL links I can share down below, should anyone need it.
- A majority of the worlds, with the exception of a few, that are accessible have this same piece of land that has like this castle-like cannon piece somewhere off the main spawning terrain, and it pisses me off that some of the GOOD worlds all suffer from this, as well as the fact that there's a gravity issue in most of them too that I cannot seem to fix.
- As expected, the custom worlds in the world menu are broken, either showing "WWWError" or "SyntaxError". This hurts, because one of my favorite worlds, KingDvo's King Island (I think it was called) does not work, even by URL standards. If Lamp is willing to continue doing improvements on this, I'd not only be grateful, but I'm also interested in getting people I know on Discord to try this client and have them experience a piece of my gaming past way before they got to know me.

That is all, fellow Martians! Great to see you all again. :D

- Emperor Ectoshock, aka The Colorshock Leader
#CSM

Lamp

Community Admin
I couldn't help but notice a thread Lamp posted not too long ago about his Mars Apocalypse client, which I've downloaded and played a few times.
i didn't make it...

- A majority of the worlds, with the exception of a few, that are accessible have this same piece of land that has like this castle-like cannon piece somewhere off the main spawning terrain, and it pisses me off that some of the GOOD worlds all suffer from this, as well as the fact that there's a gravity issue in most of them too that I cannot seem to fix.
:LOL: that's because it's the apocalypse-themed build, didn't you read the post?

if you want to play mars explorer 3 without that you could try looking for the previous build; or if you just want to play mars explorer, the latest official version still works on windows. (master servers are no longer hosted by unity, though, so you have to direct connect for multiplayer)

If Lamp is willing to continue doing improvements on this, I'd not only be grateful, but I'm also interested in getting people I know on Discord to try this client and have them experience a piece of my gaming past way before they got to know me.
i don't have the source code for mars explorer 3. only flyclub has it.

i didn't make it...

:LOL: that's because it's the apocalypse-themed build, didn't you read the post?

if you want to play mars explorer 3 without that you could try looking for the previous build; or if you just want to play mars explorer, the latest official version still works on windows. (master servers are no longer hosted by unity, though, so you have to direct connect for multiplayer)

i don't have the source code for mars explorer 3. only flyclub has it.
Ah... I'm very sorry then, for a moment I had thought it was you who posted it, and not Flyclub. Maybe it's because I see your name almost literally everywhere around here and there, you know? :p

Also to reply to the remaining 2 quotes:
A) Would you know where I could possibly find the latest, official version?
B) How would directly connecting for multiplayer work?
C) Is Flyclub still around?

Lamp

Community Admin
A) Would you know where I could possibly find the latest, official version?
yeah, click Download in the navigation bar. (on marsxplr.com)
B) How would directly connecting for multiplayer work?
you'd have to forward UDP port 2500 in your router's configuration, and others would need to type in your external internet address to connect. (if connecting on LAN then they would just use your LAN address, no configuration needed)
C) Is Flyclub still around?
no he's long gone; the apocalypse build was the last release until he couldn't handle the stress anymore.

Last edited:
yeah, click Download in the navigation bar. (on marsxplr.com)

you'd have to forward UDP port 2500 in your router's configuration, and others would need to type in your external internet address to connect. (if connecting on LAN then they would just use your LAN address, no configuration needed)

no he's long gone; the apocalypse build was the last release until he couldn't handle the stress anymore.
...Holy heckle, that is a lot of work. I think I'm good just playing the Apocalypse build, but I think I'll at least check out the original via single player, then wait for some solid results with Terrium. :ROFLMAO: