Magic: The Gathering

Spearmint

Keeper of the pathetic arguments
This is a card game that I picked up on not too long ago; and so I thought that I would create a thread to give fans a home here in the future. It's usually played with physical cards, but there is also an official online variant called Magic Duels.
magic.wizards.com/en/content/magic-duels MTG is a game about casting spells to defeat your opponent. Spells can be anything from creatures, to artifacts and sorcery. In the game, play styles vary depending on which color(s) you choose to build a deck with. Of the five, there is blue, red, green, white, and black cards; with a few exceptions such as colorless or multi-colored cards. Blue represents control and trickery, green represents growth and natural strength, red represents passion and anger, white represents justice and righteousness, and black represents death and parasitism. The rest of the game's attributes are quite extensive, so instead of dredging on any farther, this website should give you more than enough information. magic.wizards.com It's really fun once you've figured it out, so I'd recommend it to any of you who enjoy this type of thing.

Last edited:

Spearmint

Spearmint

This is the deck I'm working on.​
I tend to implement newer cards, but I don't believe in standard (money trap) so I call it modern and leave it at that.

Land:
Plains x9 Island x9 Tranquil Cove x2 Meandering River x2 Unknown Shores x2 Crumbling Vestige x1 Blighted Steppe x1 Mage-Ring Network x1
Non-creature spells:
Hubris x1 Singing Bell Strike x1 Tightening Coils x1 Ghostly Wings x1 Negate x2 Pore Over The Pages x1 Dispel x1 Claustrophobia x1 Stasis Snare x1 Enshrouding Mist x1 Erase x1 Celestial Flare x1 Artful Maneuver x1 Marked by Honor x1 Kytheon's Tactics x1 Pacifism x1 Gideon's Reproach x1 Surge of Righteousness x1 Chitinous Cloak x2

Creatures:

Faerie Miscreant x2 Kitesail Scout x1 Aven Skirmisher x1 Elusive Spellfist x2 Frost walker x1 Unruly Mob x1 Topan Freeblade x1 Stitched Mangler x2 Abzan Falconer x1 Student of Ojutai x1 Serra Angel x2 Thassa's Devourer x1 Aegis Angel x2 Mahamoti Djinn x1 Godhunter Octopus x1 Sphinx of Magosi x1 Bane of Bala Ged x1

I surprisingly only built this with two 20 U.S dollar boxes, so it's pretty mediocre, but I've been trashing a lot of twelve year olds so it seems to work fine, lol.

Spearmint

After a few bouts against a zombie deck, I realized that my deck was too slow, so I trimmed to sixty. 18 non-creature spells, 2 artifacts, 20 land, and 20 creatures; for efficiency.

Spearmint

Arguably, most spells are overpowered, I think that's the point of the game.

Spearmint

This forum needs some kind of life to it, so how about we discuss interesting cards or sets. For instance, how about Guardian of the Gateless vs. Serra Angel in terms of overall value; since they both drop for five?

Spearmint

Well, erm... For anyone who's interested, I found a cool website and I put one of my planned builds up. I'd like someone to playtest it and see how fast it is. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bane-of-the-unjust
An upvote or comment would be nice... okay... awkward.

Spearmint

Finally! Yesterday I put in an order for the specific cards I'll need to construct my U/W efficiency deck. I bought a total of fifty hand picked cards for 24.00 U.S. Dollars. Lol, come to think of it, I'll get maybe two pounds of shipping in seven literal packages. Should be fun. Deck list is http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bane-of-the-unjust (here) if you're curious to test it out virtually.

Spearmint

Pretty sure you're the only one taking this post seriously. Maybe not.
Eh, I don't know. I'm just kind of peddling it out there. You're probably right, though. I planned to leave the thread alone for a while if no one replied, so with this exception, I'll take a break from it.

Last edited:

Spearmint

You shouldn't feel pressured to respond; I just don't have much to talk about until I get hands on the rest of my deck and start playing with other people, which, could take a while.

Spearmint

Well, uh, I've re-imagined a very aggressive life gain deck that I think works pretty well. You're welcome to check it out here for anyone who still cares at this point. ;)