Commercial

Do you like the idea?

• Total voters
Hi everyone!
I usually don't make videos about terrium or mars 'cause I am from Carbon Combat. But since I found out about Mars and Terrium I'm wanting to participate a bit with this so I thought it would be good to make a video about it. So yesterday I did. Here it is!
If we can make a teaser or something it would be awesome, right? I only have 10 subscribers until now but I'm pretty sure that not any of them ever heard about it so may they get interested...
Or you can also make your own video and share it with your friends so people will play it!
What do you think?

-Motherlode

Hey everyone, E_M_E_T here!

I played mars since version 2.01 (I think) came out way long ago, and when I saw how empty the game had become, I searched around and found various attempts to remake the game. That brings me to Terrium. I made an account an introduced myself on the original terrium website, but here I am again.

I have a youtube account with a little more than 100 subscribers. I play mostly Rocket League on that channel, and I've streamed a little on twitch as well. I'm thinking of making a video on Terrium for my channel, and I'll get around to doing it soon.

I'm very excited to see how far this recreation will go, and I hope Terrium will regain the audience that mars once had.

Now for a small request: Can you make it so that the secondary color changes the color of all the permanently red parts? That would be the window tint, shock absorbers, for example. You only see the secondary color when you engage the wings, and it bothers me a little. Obviously this is for the buggy, but similar changes to the other vehicle types would be nice as well.

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
Hey everyone, E_M_E_T here!

I played mars since version 2.01 (I think) came out way long ago, and when I saw how empty the game had become, I searched around and found various attempts to remake the game. That brings me to Terrium. I made an account an introduced myself on the original terrium website, but here I am again.

I have a youtube account with a little more than 100 subscribers. I play mostly Rocket League on that channel, and I've streamed a little on twitch as well. I'm thinking of making a video on Terrium for my channel, and I'll get around to doing it soon.

I'm very excited to see how far this recreation will go, and I hope Terrium will regain the audience that mars once had.

Now for a small request: Can you make it so that the secondary color changes the color of all the permanently red parts? That would be the window tint, shock absorbers, for example. You only see the secondary color when you engage the wings, and it bothers me a little. Obviously this is for the buggy, but similar changes to the other vehicle types would be nice as well.
E_M_E_T,
Thank you for your kind words. I am steadfast in my determination to make Terrium a respectable successor to Mars Explorer, and having the support of this community has always made it easier. Right now, we are in the midst of a rewrite for Terrium, which is slated to be completed January 15. Perhaps then we should take a look at making a promotional video. Take care! :)

Well that's good that more people are coming here. I play every once in a while.

And I wonder why no one is ever on...

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
I know, I've already gotten a crowd around this game in progress at school, lol, got myself a bunch of world makers now.
I appreciate your enthusiasm! I can't wait to publish an update for you all to dive into. :)

Lamps probably right, a trailer can't just be one person driving around on one map to terrium music.
It needs to show full on lazer tag battles with lots of people and super epic music.

Lamp

Community Admin
Lamps probably right, a trailer can't just be one person driving around on one map to terrium music.
It needs to show full on lazer tag battles with lots of people and super epic music.
Well yeah but it's not just that. The game is not ready yet.
Suppose you get some players; they come and try to play the game and "WHY DIS DONT WORK" or "WHY MY BUGGY !#$@ING AROUND?!" and then "DIS GAME SUX WORST GAME EVR!!1" and Terrium gets a bad reputation. Plus the annoying complaints of the players.
Once it's ready, presentable, and fully functional, it would be advertised.

The official trailer and commercializing should wait for sure. Y'all have probably heard of Rocket League, the game that won Indy GOTY recently. I was with the devs and their community from pretty much day 1, long before the alpha was released in Feb 2014. I've seen what publicity can do to a game, and Terrium won't be ready for it until this tiny community we have here is ready to push it out the door. I'm very excited!

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
The official trailer and commercializing should wait for sure. Y'all have probably heard of Rocket League, the game that won Indy GOTY recently. I was with the devs and their community from pretty much day 1, long before the alpha was released in Feb 2014. I've seen what publicity can do to a game, and Terrium won't be ready for it until this tiny community we have here is ready to push it out the door. I'm very excited!
Me too! Thanks for your enthusiasm. I cannot wait to release this game in beta for you all soon!

Lamp

Community Admin
Me too! Thanks for your enthusiasm. I cannot wait to release this game in beta for you all soon!
I hope you aren't working too hard. Otherwise you'll disappear like Aubrey, Flynn, and CarbonTech did

Last edited:

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
I hope you aren't working too hard. Otherwise you'll disappear like Aubrey, Flynn, and Andrew (CarbonTech) did
Oh believe me, I am aware of the potentially overwhelming stress that lies ahead. If it means anything, should I cave, I promise to notify this community before ceasing Terrium's development.
I have grown so much as a developer while working with those three men over the years, through many failures of my own. Recognizing their mistakes and flaws, as well as their extraordinary individuality, I have learned how to address the issues that led to their disappearing. I would like to think our experiences together will eventually lead Terrium (the game and community) to be the best version of itself that it can be.

Eric

Founder & Lead Developer
M8. If Terrium fails, that's it. This community is over. Just saying. I know this might not help, but that's the state of this community now...
I wouldn't say the community is "over" per se. I have not been advertising Terrium nor this forum because of the rewrite—there really isn't even something to be over yet. The spur of activity is all on you guys at the moment, which is better than I could have expected. :)