Black Ops 1

I have been wanting to play Black Ops for a while but no one is ever on the zombie cop-op.
Just curious if anyone else plays it, and if so would be fun to play a few rounds of it.

I would rather game on a Mac then a pc. Mac is like the classiest looking computer I've ever seen. But it would be cool to have an Alienware or something like that.

I would rather game on a Mac then a pc. Mac is like the classiest looking computer I've ever seen. But it would be cool to have an Alienware or something like that.
Ok mac looks cool.. But its just another view and other software not that much better... They even ask way too much money for it!

They are expensive, but they are really good, run fast, have tons of space, and have really good graphics. I guess they are really good for designing stuff like websites and 3D stuff like unity but they don't have as many games and stuff as PC.

Ace_

Former Lead Developer
Custom rigs all the way ;)
Although I am an Asus/ROG fanboi, won't hesitate to admit it. I would kill for a 17" ROG laptop, an 11kg desktop ust isn't practical for schoolwork.

Had a Mac, they're overrated. I run Fedora Linux and it has all the flagship features of Mac OS without looking hideous (10.10...) and constantly whining about updates, and I can dual-boot to Win7 whenever I want to play games or do any real work beyond coding.
That said, OS 10.7 still has a special place in my heart. Not sure why, it was just really pretty but also functional. If I could convince Windows 7 to look exactly like Mac OS 10.7 and run emacs and g++, I would be a very happy human being.

Lamp

Community Admin
But theyre not "obsessed" that apple is the best
Well I'm not an "Apple lover" but I just hate it when people say "Macs aren't for games" because that makes no sense at all. Macintoshes use Intel processors just like many of those other laptops out there. A MacBook Pro with an Intel Core i7, 8GB ram, etc, will perform the same as any other laptop with those same specifications.
The only way that "Macs aren't for games" might make sense is in the software; Windows is more hackable (allowing you to do what you want, like modify GPU clock speeds, but it also allows hackers to do what they want as well) and there are many games out there that only work on Windows, which is why people often consider Windows better for gaming. But any Intel Macintosh can run Windows and do exactly what any other machine can do.

Lamp

Community Admin
Custom rigs all the way ;)
Although I am an Asus/ROG fanboi, won't hesitate to admit it. I would kill for a 17" ROG laptop, an 11kg desktop ust isn't practical for schoolwork.

Had a Mac, they're overrated. I run Fedora Linux and it has all the flagship features of Mac OS without looking hideous (10.10...) and constantly whining about updates, and I can dual-boot to Win7 whenever I want to play games or do any real work beyond coding.
That said, OS 10.7 still has a special place in my heart. Not sure why, it was just really pretty but also functional. If I could convince Windows 7 to look exactly like Mac OS 10.7 and run emacs and g++, I would be a very happy human being.
I also hate Ive's new look; the older versions looked much nicer. :( Tiger, Leopard, and Lion were awesome.

They are probably overpriced but I think they might actually be worth it, because Macintoshes retain their value longer than most other laptops, allowing you to resell your machine a few years later and get most of your money back. Dells and other machines loose their value very quickly.
Of course, this doesn't matter if you don't want to resell it.

If I had to buy a machine, I'd probably get some cheap conventional machine. I only use Macintoshes because that is all we have :p. My father develops software for iOS and OS X. We have NEVER had any PC other than Apple machines, until now. Now we have this HP elitebook thing (which i kinda like except for the HORRIBLE DISPLAY) and I run the minecraft server on it; though, we don't own it.

Last edited:

Lamp

Community Admin
I'm not an "Apple lover"; I do not really like their mobile devices (never cared much for mobile devices) and I HATE their cables. Their new USB and Power cables ALWAYS break apart after only one or two years (maybe less). They make them out of some fancy pancy rubbery material that seems high quality but is actually quite a lot like jelly and just rips apart. Also the extension leads for the MacBook power supplies are stubborn and springy.

I also hate their keyboards. I've had BAAAAD experiences with their keyboards, including wasting lots of money on keyboards that soon failed too. They are VERY fragile to moisture and ONE drop can RUIN IT. I don't want to repeat my story again like I have done many times on MacRumors, but basically, one problem was that the keyboard used with the iMac (which was brand new with the used iMac) failed and the internal keyboard of my MBP failed too and we got a $70 wireless keyboard just to have it fail in a month because I tried to CLEAN IT. UGH :mad:
After that we got a Logitech k360 keyboard and it has worked flawlessly. I have been using that keyboard for a long time and I still use it today (and I am typing this message on it). Although one thing i hate about it is that the shiny background of the keys (not sure what to call it) is just a thin piece of plastic glued to the unit with adhesive, and this shiny finish is all scratched up (scratches so easily) so it looks ugly now. Also it's hard to clean because you cannot take it apart without voiding the 3 year warranty (warranty lasts as long as the batteries, lol) so I couldn't wash the top plastic part underneath the keys without getting water inside and risking ruining the keyboard. I was able to pop all th keys out and wash them, but I lost one key so now I have a missing key :( . Other than that, good keyboard. Clunky PC keyboards, although big and noisy, are robust and very durable. I would never ever buy an Apple keyboard again!!

Ok now some things I like: machines are nice and Mac OS X is great. Windows is crap and Ubuntu is meh.

Ace_

Former Lead Developer
Well I'm not an "Apple lover" but I just hate it when people say "Macs aren't for games" because that makes no sense at all. Macintoshes use Intel processors just like many of those other laptops out there. A MacBook Pro with an Intel Core i7, 8GB ram, etc, will perform the same as any other laptop with those same specifications.
The only way that "Macs aren't for games" might make sense is in the software; Windows is more hackable (allowing you to do what you want, like modify GPU clock speeds, but it also allows hackers to do what they want as well) and there are many games out there that only work on Windows, which is why people often consider Windows better for gaming. But any Intel Macintosh can run Windows and do exactly what any other machine can do.
Uggghhh I always get triggered by the claim that Macs are less hackable...

Mac OS runs on Unix, which has completely different structure to Windows. This means they are vastly different in terms of how "hackable" they are, but both are super easy to break into. Also, Windows doesn't restrict access to anything hardware-related, really, so as long as you have admin permissions you can modify your clock speeds (for the CPU you'll have to go through the BIOS though). On Macs, it is literally illegal to attempt to modify beyond the design (and they're not designed for you to ever upgrade them, either.)
Mac OS has always been more secure than Windows due to its low popularity, but that's changing. There already are Mac-only zombie armies, Mac-only viruses. I, personally, cannot wait until a gigantic hole in Unix is found that completely undermines all of Mac OS. It will happen eventually - remember, Mac OS's unpopular brother/father, Linux, is open source.

As for "gaming," I mean sure, play League or Dota on a Mac. That works. If you don't mind literally not having right click.
I prefer League.

Edit: Keyboards? Corsair K70 :D I hate Apple keyboards too, although they are at least scissor-switch.

Lamp

Community Admin
As for "gaming," I mean sure, play League or Dota on a Mac. That works. If you don't mind literally not having right click.
I prefer League.
Not having right click? Plug in a mouse that has right click. You're going to be using a mouse anyway to play games, no?

I also hate Ive's new look; the older versions looked much nicer. :( Tiger, Leopard, and Lion were awesome.

They are probably overpriced but I think they might actually be worth it, because Macintoshes retain their value longer than most other laptops, allowing you to resell your machine a few years later and get most of your money back. Dells and other machines loose their value very quickly.
Of course, this doesn't matter if you don't want to resell it.

If I had to buy a machine, I'd probably get some cheap conventional machine. I only use Macintoshes because that is all we have :p. My father develops software for iOS and OS X. We have NEVER had any PC other than Apple machines, until now. Now we have this HP elitebook thing (which i kinda like except for the HORRIBLE DISPLAY) and I run the minecraft server on it; though, we don't own it.
I found a way how to own your own server.. I made one for me and my sis. The only thing you need to do is open torrent and put it in to be active.. The only shitty thing is that you cant admin the server easily :/