Additional Gamemodes

(I made this on the old forum, so I thought I should bring it here. Thanks to Lamp for making the archive.)

Here are some gamemode ideas I've came up with which I think will improve gameplay experience for Terrium.

Deathmatch (DM): Everyone VS Everyone basically. You fire and hit with lasers or sniper lasers at others, and you earn points for doing so. You also have the ability to fly/glide. Also you can switch to other vehicles. If you press "Tab" you can see each player's stats and server info. There can also be a time limit if made in server settings. If there is a time limit, results can be shown at the end of the match. The player with the most points wins.

Team-Deathmatch (TDM): Red VS Blue. Similar to Deathmatch, but with two separate teams. Red has red colors on their vehicles, while Blue has blue colors on their vehicles. Fire at the opposing team to earn points. If you fire at your own team you lose points though if you don't have any points you get negative points, so fire ONLY on the opposing side! If there is a time limit, results can be shown at the end of the match. The team with the most points wins.

Capture the Flag (CTF): Red VS Blue. Similar to Team Death-Match, but you have to capture opposing side's flag which is located on the other side of the map to your team to earn points. You go to the enemy base, and you grab the flag. You return to your base and if successful you put it in your base. Then you get a point for your team. If you get hit with lasers 3 times you respawn, and if you get hit with sniper lasers 1 time you respawn (L Hits Rematerialize). The team with the most points wins.

Race: For maps that support a track layout you can create a race server where others can join, and compete with you and race, or you can join a server about to start a race. You can also race with bots. Simply you can go from one end to the other in a road/track, or go multiple laps around a road/track. You race with others, and you try to finish first with any vehicle. The first one to finish a race wins. (This would require track layouts.)

Freeplay: You can explore maps, vehicles, mods, etc without any goals, and no points.

So, what do you think about these ideas?

Sources: cybuniv.terrium.net

Last edited: